Key Account Coordinator – Chinese Distribution Partner (Mandarin Speaking)
Montane is one of the fastest-growing premium outdoor brands in Europe. We specialise in creating technical outdoor clothing, backpacks and accessories, where design and performance are of the highest quality. We have a friendly, dynamic, and ambitious team motivated by a love of the outdoors and with a passion for producing exceptional products. We are represented in many territories around the world and have a head office in Northumberland, a showroom in the Lake District and a showroom in Munich.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Key Account Coordinator who is fluent in both Mandarin and English to manage the day to day business operations and support of our distribution and license agreement with our distribution partner in China. You will be based in our Head Office in Northumberland. You will be the first and main point of contact for our Chinese distributor, you will support the development and growth of the partnership, providing them with brand, product, commercial, QC, and operational support . You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with the distributor in China, as well the rest of their distribution team. You will work with the relevant teams from Montane’s Head Office, to ensure SLA’s are met and relevant business targets achieved.
This is a broad role where you will be required to work across a number of business functions. You will be hands-on, managing simultaneous projects and working between strategic and administrative tasks. Ideally you will have experience of working in apparel in an account management or project management role or in a similar role in business development, product management, supply chain or operations. This role will involve visits to the distributor in China so you must be prepared to travel.
Handling the day to day relationship and operations with our Chinese distribution partner.
- Supporting our Chinese distributor with the licensing agreement and approval of licensed products.
- Work closely with the distributor to identify objectives, product needs, brand, commercial and operational support
- Developing strategies, critical paths and creating project teams to achieve the relevant objectives.
- Identifying SLA’s and ensuring they are delivered to the highest standard.
- Setting up regular and effective communication channels between the distributor and the relevant head office teams.
- Updating and communicating project plans and timelines with necessary teams in both China and head office.
- Identifying and managing project teams in head office to support distribution and licensing needs such as range planning, SMU’s, marketing and communication, sourcing, production and logistics.
- Managing and verifying the distributor orderbook and supporting with in season sales.
- Managing financial invoices and transactions with the finance team.
- Working closely with supply chain and logistics both in head office and with the distributor in China to ensure product is received in full and on time.
- Work closely with our production and sourcing and ethical compliance team to ensure any external production meets our CSR compliance.
- Managing licensed products, trademark agreements and royalty payments.
- Working with Brand Marketing and Digital teams to support any marketing, PR and communication requirements.
- Providing assets, support and relevant information to the distributor to support with Brand engagement, product training and sell through.
- Manage and monitor KPI’s in order to deliver on objectives and accelerate growth.
Helping out with and supporting the rest of the international sales support team with other customer accounts where necessary.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English with a good ability to translate in both languages.
Customer service and account management experience.
- B2B sales, marketing, brand alignment experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Previous experience of working in a similar commercial or operational role in wholesale.
- International B2B experience, ideally with distributors in China.
- Strategy management and business development experience.
- Good at analysing and presenting data.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and workload management skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast paced, environment delivering against targets and SLA’s.
- Comfortable reviewing and suggesting improvements to processes.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be prepared to travel internationally.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
- Friendly and Supportive Team
- Health Cash Plan
Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Cycle Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays, Increasing with Length of Service
- Holiday Carry Over Days
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Core Hours and Flexible Start and Finish Times
- Work From Home Days
- Generous Discounts on a Wide Range of Products and Brands
- Competitive Salary
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time/Part-Time
Closing Date: 18/02/24
Apply by submitting a covering letter and CV to: Recruitment@Montane.com
Please Note: If a good volume of suitable applicants are received, this vacancy might close before the date advertised, therefore please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in the role.