Global Athlete & Partnership Lead
Marketing Global Athlete & Partnership Lead
Montane is one of the fastest-growing premium outdoor brands in Europe. We specialise in creating technical outdoor clothing, backpacks and accessories, where design and performance are of the highest quality. We have a friendly, dynamic, and ambitious team motivated by a love of the outdoors and with a passion for producing exceptional products. We are represented in many territories around the world and have a head office in Northumberland, a showroom in the Lake District and a showroom in Munich.
About the Role:
The Global Athlete & Partnership Lead is part of our Marketing team and plays a critical part in growing brand awareness, credibility, and desirability. They are responsible for leading our event and athlete programmes and managing and executing our event partnerships to maximise brand exposure and race activations. They are tasked with building an athlete team that expands our brand content and storytelling capabilities through authentic and credible content. Additionally, they will work with our technical partnerships to plan cohesive campaigns that align our product and technology content.
The Global Athlete & Partnership Lead will be passionate about the outdoors and like our athletes will approach their work with commitment and ambition ensuring that it aligns with and supports our brand purpose, mission, vision and values.
- Manage the delivery of Montane’s sponsored endurance races and consumer-facing events to ensure they are planned and executed in line with brand expectations and contractual agreements.
- On the ground reporting from events, generating and collecting content to feedback to the wider marketing and digital teams.
- Lead the relationship building and day-to-day management of the Montane athletes and ambassadors to ensure activity calendars are up to date and visible and that all content opportunities are maximised.
- Working across the commercial teams to deliver clear and consistent messaging.
- Ensuring that our athlete and event programme amplifies a positve and technical brand message through every consumer touchpoint, to drive maximum brand awareness and credibility opporunity.
- Maintaining and deepening relationships with technical/content partners. Ensuring Montane maximises share of voice and delivery across all channels.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of coordinating consumer events, races and working with a team of athletes or ambassadors in a similar industry.
- A keen interest in outdoor activity or affinity to the outdoors is essential.
- Brand ambassador – championing the brand at all times.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Timekeeping, prioritisation, organisation, and workload management.
- Ability to work independently and develop processes/reports/procedures.
- Proactive approach focused on identifying solutions and improvement.
- Build strong trusting relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Team player, taking part and working as a team to deliver the best results.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Flexible and open to change with a positive mindset.
- A willingness to listen to feedback and learn new skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office including word, excel and outlook.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to travel for work and to be away from home overnight on a regular basis.
- Friendly and Supportive Team
- Health Cash Plan
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Cycle Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays, Increasing with Length of Service
- Holiday Carry Over Days
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Core Hours and Flexible Start and Finish Times
- Work From Home Days
- Generous Discounts on a Wide Range of Products and Brands
- Competitive Salary
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time.
Closing Date: 13th August 2023
Apply by submitting a covering letter and CV to: Recruitment@Montane.com
Please Note: If a good volume of suitable applicants are received, this vacancy might close before the date advertised, therefore please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in the role.