Global Copywriter and Communications Manager
Montane is one of the fastest-growing premium outdoor brands in Europe. We specialise in creating technical outdoor clothing, backpacks and accessories, where design and performance are of the highest quality. We have a friendly, dynamic, and ambitious team motivated by a love of the outdoors and with a passion for producing exceptional products. We are represented in many territories around the world and have a head office in Northumberland, a showroom in the Lake District and a showroom in Munich.
About the Role:
As the Global Copywriter and Communications Manager you will be part of the Marketing Team and will guide our product and brand copy across all consumer touchpoints. You will ensure our product inspiration, purpose and technical features are captured and develop seasonal brand communications strategies, stories and language assets that are clear and impactful and deliver inspirational and relevant product and brand positioning.
You will collaborate across a number of teams, firstly you will work with the product, design and development teams to capture the product essence, before developing the seasonal product and copy strategy and curating the product and brand language, storytelling and communication assets ready to deliver to the creative and commercial teams and our external PR agencies who will use the assets to craft and deliver relevant communications and consistent brand positioning to their audiences.
- Working with the Global Brand Marketing Director to identify seasonal product and brand copy strategies.
- Develop the seasonal copy framework, translating the seasonal concept into a relevant language.
- Collating, writing, presenting, and refining the copy strategy for product and seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Working closely with the product team to gain a deep understanding of the product categories, lines, inspiration and technical features.
- Following the design process with the designers and development team to understand and capture the technical and creative processes, detail and refinement that goes into each product.
- Working across the commercial teams to deliver clear and consistent messaging and ensuring that they have the right product language and communication assets on time to form and provide the relevant brand messaging to their audiences.
- Ensuring the content needed for the global consumer calendar is delivered on time.
- Manage and deliver required copy for the seasonal sell in tools to our internal teams and global partners.
- Identify and develop a proactive Global PR strategy, managing external PR agencies and ensuring that core communications consistently cascade through to the consumer.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing product and brand communications in a similar role.
- A strong affinity to technical, performance product.
- A passion for the outdoors.
- Excellent and proven creative and storytelling skills.
- Good experience and proven track record in copywriting.
- Experience in PR and working with PR agencies.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Timekeeping, prioritisation, organisation, and workload management.
- Build strong trusting relationships across the business.
- Team player, taking part and working as a team to deliver the best results.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A willingness to listen to feedback and learn new skills.
- Friendly and Supportive Team
- Health Cash Plan
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Cycle Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays, Increasing with Length of Service
- Holiday Carry Over Days
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Core Hours and Flexible Start and Finish Times
- Work From Home Days
- Generous Discounts on a Wide Range of Products and Brands
- Competitive Salary
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time.
Closing Date: 13th August 2023
Apply by submitting a covering letter and CV to: Recruitment@Montane.com
Please Note: If a good volume of suitable applicants are received, this vacancy might close before the date advertised, therefore please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in the role.