B2B Customer Operations Team Leader
About Montane Ltd
Montane is one of the fastest growing premium outdoor brands in Europe. We specialise in creating technical clothing, backpacks and accessories for fast-paced mountain sports, where design and performance are of the highest quality. We have a friendly, dynamic and ambitious team motivated by a love of the mountains and with a passion for producing exceptional products in line with our ‘Further. Faster.’ brand vision. We are represented in many territories around the world and have a head office in Northumberland and showrooms in the Lake District and Munich.
About the Role
We are looking to recruit a permanent B2B Customer Operations Team Leader to oversee our B2B Customer and Sales Support Team for a period of 12 months to cover maternity leave before moving into another permanent B2B Customer Operations Supervisor/Sales Support role in our International Sales Support team. Initially this role will report to the Operations Director and will work closely with the Sales, Warehouse, Supply and Logistics teams to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality of service, assistance and support. The B2B Customer Operations Team Leader will be responsible for management of the B2B Customer and Sales Support Team as well as our Customer Returns and Repairs Team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of supervising a B2B Customer and Sales Support team. They will be passionate about customer experience, have strong communication, data analysis, organisation and problem solving skills. They will also have strong team management skills and will be able to work at a fast pace whilst managing multiple customers and deadlines.
The B2B Customer Operations Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the orderbook and B2B platform to ensure customer needs are met and orders delivered within agreed timeframes.
- Work closely with the inbound and outbound logistics departments to ensure deliveries are made on time and in line with the customers delivery requirements.
- Execute weekly allocations to D2C and B2B orderbook, ensuring prioritisation logic guidelines are followed.
- Collaborating with other departments across the business to ensure processes are followed and customer orders are successfully fulfilled.
- Assess, improve, and implement department strategy working to business goals and KPI’s.
- Measuring and reviewing department KPI’s and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Ensuring customer service and sales support standards standards are delivered at all times.
- Generating and maintaining reporting standards and frequency, to provide updates to the wider business.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with customers.
- Management of product and sample requests process.
- Communicating directly with customers, answering questions and problem solving when necessary.
- Liaising with customers and relevant teams to deal with any escalated queries and complaints.
- Overseeing the warranty returns processes to make sure correspondence, warranty replacements and paid repairs via our inhouse repair service are delivered to a high standard and within the agreed timeframes.
- Analysing and reviewing data to identify potential risks and opportunities and taking necessary actions to mitigate risks and drive performance.
- Providing regular updates to relevant departments and customers.
- Line management of the Customer and Sales Support and the Customer Returns and Repair Teams, including regular performance review, training and development.
- Manage workloads and schedules for the department in line with targets and the seasonal process map.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years + experience working in a B2B Customer and Sales Support role, including team management experience.
- Experience of working in B2B apparel businesses.
- Experience of working with international teams.
- A friendly and approachable manner.
- Proactive approach focused on identifying solutions and continuous improvement.
- Strong commercial awareness and mindset.
- Strong professional skills in written and verbal communication, attention to detail, organisation, deadline management.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven success in managing, coaching and developing others.
- Proficient with Microsoft office including word, excel and outlook.
- Experience of Sage 200 desirable but not essential
- Friendly and Supportive Team
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Health Cash Plan
- Work From Home Days
- Early Friday Finish
- Employee Discounts
- Competitive Salary
Location: Ashington, Northumberland.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent Role.
Apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to Recruitment@Montane.com
Closing Date: Monday 26th June.
Please Note: If a good volume of suitable applicants is received, this vacancy might close before the date advertised, therefore please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in the role.