Finance Management Accountant
About the Role
Montane is recruiting for a Management Accountant to oversee the day-to-day management and control of the company’s financial transactions and accounts. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will play a key part in enhancing the overall performance and profitability of the business. You will be responsible for supporting the management team to ensure the company budgets are managed effectively to enable maximum growth and profitability.
We are looking for an experienced management accountant with at least 3 years’ experience of working in a similar finance role in a fast-paced commercial business.
What will you do?
- Prepare monthly management accounts and reporting, including:
- P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and Variance Analysis
- Understanding of channel margins and the impact of channel and category mix
- Ensuring all balance sheet accounts are reconciled
- Preparation of the monthly Board Reporting Pack
- Communication of performance to Senior Management team and key budget stakeholders across the business
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and long term forecasts
- Produce rolling weekly cash flow modelling
- Lead contact for the annual external financial audit, leading to the production of annual accounts and corporation tax returns
- Produce and file quarterly UK VAT returns and monthly German VAT returns
- Develop company financial and accounting policies, workflows, and methods
- Conduct regular cost analysis to identify any issues and recommend areas for improvement
- Become system owner and administrator of purchase to pay software, ensuring business compliance with purchase orders and authorisation limits
- Submission of National Statistics reporting as required
- Become Sage system expert
- Ensure accuracy of stock costing valuation and understanding of price variances
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a similar finance role in a busy commercial business
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Relevant CIMA, ACA, ACCA, AAT qualifications
- Experience of managing company accounts
- Experience of producing and delivering financial reports
- Experience of working with Sage or other similar finance accounting software
- Good commercial understanding with the ability to make sound decisions and drive results
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
- Ability to identify risks, make suggestions and implement improvements
- Experience in setting up financial management practices and processes and reports
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure Montane quality standards are met at all times
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Friendly and approachable and good at building professional relationships.
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent prioritisation and deadline management skills.
- Friendly and Supportive Team
- Health Cash Plan
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Cycle Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays, Increasing with Length of Service
- Holiday Carry Over Days
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Core Hours and Flexible Start and Finish Times
- Work From Home Days
- Generous Discounts on a Wide Range of Products and Brands
- Competitive Salary
About Montane Ltd
Montane is one of the fastest growing premium outdoor brands in Europe. We specialise in creating technical clothing, backpacks and accessories for fast-paced mountain sports, where design and performance are of the highest quality. We have a friendly, dynamic, and ambitious team motivated by a love of the mountains and with a passion for producing exceptional products in line with our ‘Further. Faster.’ brand vision. We are represented in many territories around the world and have a head office in Northumberland and a showroom in the Lake District.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience.
Contract: Permanent – Will consider both full-time and part-time applications.
Apply by submitting a covering letter and CV to: Recruitment@Montane.com
Please Note: If a good volume of suitable applicants are received, this vacancy might close before the date advertised, therefore please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in the role.
Closing date: 24th April